The victims of the massacres of Huayllani in Sacaba, Senkata in El Alto and others such as Pedregal in the 2019 crisis are due to meet with the Plurinational Victims Service (Sepdavi) this Monday, Justice Minister Iván Lime reported yesterday.
The meeting is part of the process of constant attention and definition of institutional measures to achieve full redress in the standards set by the Interdisciplinary Group of Independent Experts (GIEI).
Regarding the victim counting recommended by the GIEI, they were told that it must have a normative level, which is currently being developed together with the Human Rights Commission of the Chamber of Deputies, chaired by MEP Betty Yañiquez.
So far, meetings have taken place with the Association of Relatives of Victims of Senkata, Victims of Pedregal, Victims of Sacaba and the Association of Political Prisoners and Persecuted Persons of 2019.
The Ministry of Justice reiterated its commitment to respond to the victims’ claims about the serious violations and attacks on life and fundamental rights during the government of Jeanine Áñez on the basis of the expert group’s report.
Meanwhile, a representative of the victims, David Inca, told TeleSur that they plan to go on hunger strike if their demands are not met by Luis Arce’s government.
Those affected by the twelve deaths in the repression in Sacaba in November 2019 and eight in El Alto are calling for attention to their demands for justice, but also for comprehensive reparations for the loss of their family members. However, the GIEI recommended that a survey be carried out with all sectors.