Director General for Migration, Katherine Calderón, reported that she had received 29 requests for immigration warnings from the public ministry so far, including against former interim mayor of Santa Cruz Angélica Sosa and former mayor of Santa Cruz Percy Fernández over the ghost article case.
“The Directorate-General for Migration has received requests from the Ministry of Public Affairs through our Santa Cruz Departmental Administration to register migration alerts for different people on different dates,” said Calderón.
The Migration Director said they received a tax filing this morning to register 10 names, including Sosa and Fernández. That afternoon, Santa Cruz prosecutors sent another request asking for 8 more names to be registered and added 29 immigration warnings.
The first request was made on December 3, against Antonio Parada, former HR director and prime defendant in the case. According to the police, the former officer is no longer in the country, Calderón said there was no exit report, so they believe Parada left through an unauthorized point.
On December 6th, the State Department requested 5 immigration warnings and on December 8th another 5 names.