Bury the election fraud case, another goal for the implementation of the

In recent weeks, the ruling party has laid the groundwork to bury the October 2019 election fraud and to enforce its version of an alleged coup against then-President Evo Morales.

National authorities, members of the Assembly including the Movement towards Socialism (MAS), began to demand “proof of fraud”, parallel to the announcement of the discontinuation of proceedings against the ex-electoral department vowels based on their coup bid and even to conclude the assembly a second blow, this time against incumbent President Luis Arce.

The ministers for government, justice and attorney general say it has so far not been possible to “investigate the election fraud they denounced in 2019”.

“There is not a single set of data that could have been presented as evidence. That’s the situation, that’s the truth, that’s what justice says. (…) I say that there was no fraud and I have nine inquiries from departmental prosecutors who say that there was not a single test, “said the head of the judiciary, Iván Lima, during his inquiry to the Legislative Assembly on April 1 June last year. On that occasion he was asked to report on the situation of former President Jeanine Áñez and whether due process had been followed.

A week later, on June 7th, Government Minister Eduardo del Castillo also appeared before the Legislative Assembly to answer the interpellation on how the detention of ex-President Áñez, activists and others was carried out.

In his speech, he did not respond to the requests because it began with the reading of the names of the dead in 2019, a minute’s silence and the projection of a video on the violence before and after Morales’ resignation.

The session was problematic; The executive shouted murderers with a number of qualifiers against opposition lawmakers, accomplices in corruption, drug trafficking and deaths.

Like Lima, Del Castillo argued that 2019 was a “coup and no election fraud”.

He later said the minutes were printed and that there was “no evidence that it was fraud”.

Attorney General Wilfredo Chávez submitted a report to the United Nations (UN) claiming that a coup had taken place in Bolivia and that no evidence of the fraud complaint had yet been presented.

“This is due to an intent to cover up electoral fraud, for which Evo Morales escaped on November 10, 2019. It’s not that he resigned and left because of uncertainty, he knew it from the moment he entered the “, on the morning the Secretary General of the OAS published the preliminary report on the examination of the election procedure of October 20 (…) he was afraid of being discovered. In addition, the fact that it is reported which law enforcement agencies were involved in the manipulation of the process gives way to the theory of a coup, ”said lawyer Jorge Valda.

Rejection of the OAS report

In this way, in an attempt to bury the electoral fraud complaint, government agencies gradually began to question the validity of the audit report on the electoral process conducted by the OAS. The study was requested by the Morales government and signed by Foreign Secretary Diego Pary at the time.

“The context in which the OAS audit is carried out is a social upheaval; We needed a third party to resolve the conflict the country was experiencing. In the agreement with the OAS, the word “binding” is relevant; It has always been controversial whether the electoral court’s own powers can be transferred to an external body; but the Bolivian government by and large accepts this binding effect in order to achieve social peace ”, justified the current Justice Minister Lima in an interview with Animal Político.

You can also read:  More than 50 health professionals died in the third wave in Bolivia

The authority goes even further by stating that it cannot “be equated with an audit like our audit office or an opinion from the public prosecutor’s office”.

When asked whether the OAS report could be used as evidence for a charge, Lima said emphatically, “No”.

“The OAS report contains, among other things, two main components: the computer systems, the TREP and the servers (…) There are clues in the computer part, but since there is no manual review, these clues are all of this information of a computer nature, lost by the Time since the 2019 elections. Two years later, each of the minutes was calculated manually. The calculation in Bolivia is manual, we have it in minutes, on paper, in signatures; Hence, nothing of computer science can be understood like a test. Any criticism of computer systems is not currently valid and cannot constitute evidence of fraud, ”he assures.

In this sense, Minister Del Castillo pointed out in his interpellation an inconsistency in the report of the Organization of American States (OAS).

“It does not prove fraud, let alone mention it, (…) it was presented tentatively, hurriedly and incompletely with the sole aim of destabilizing the country. In addition, the same report is inconsistent in its ratings, ”he said at the time.

Other alleged beating

But in an effort to demonstrate his coup theory, Minister Lima launches versions of two alleged coup attempts: one by Carlos Mesa against the judiciary and another planned by former Defense Minister Luis Fernado López against current President Arce.

“What Mesa is telling us is to cut the mandate of the referendum elected authorities, which is clearly a coup. He now wants to carry out a judicial coup, he wants the judges elected by vote to go home; That, gentlemen, is called a coup, and it is Carlos Mesa’s second coup; this time in court, ”Lima said before the ex-president’s statements in the central affairs program.

In the second case, the judiciary pointed out via Twitter that “an investigation by @theintercept reveals that the authors of the 2019 coup intended to repeat the attack on the CPE with the intervention of foreign mercenaries. This case must be prosecuted to punish its creators with the full weight of the law.

“To believe that our armed forces might have been involved in a second coup would be serious (…), a serious investigation must be carried out in order to explain the country,” he warned at a press conference on June 18.

He added that it is very serious for the country’s democracy that after the election results became known and President Arce’s victory, a situation like the one that is now being revealed would have arisen, which shows that there was a structural plan in place.

“We cannot ignore this notice and we will conduct the investigation with our Secretary of Defense,” he said, referring to the audios released by The Intercept.

DISCLAIMERS GOODS “UNDER PRESSURE”

Attorney General Wilfredo Chávez confirmed that Evo Morales’ resignation was not accepted by the Legislative Assembly as it was due after the trial.

You can also read:  MAS sends the "Fight in ALP" case to the ethics committee

The resignations made public in November 2019, such as those of the then Chamber Presidents Adriana Salvatierra and Víctor Borda, were downplayed on the grounds that they were under pressure.

INTERCEPT IS ASKED ABOUT THE REPORT OF DOUBT

CENTRAL DEVELOPMENT

Justice Minister Iván Lima acts senselessly by pointing out an alleged coup against President Luis Arce. It is based on a complaint from the electronic magazine The Intercept, which has been identified with socialist governments, said lawyer Jorge Valda, defender of former President Jeanine Áñez.

“That is already a legal mistake, it is not just nonsense to claim that we are based on a recording from which we do not know where it comes from that Intercept, an electronic magazine, made this situation known, but from an institution, which is not credible, it is an institution that has worked on computer manipulation tasks in socialist governments.

On the other hand, he questioned the statement of the Bolivian police commander Colonel Jhonny Aguilera that the admission corresponds to 99.9 percent of the former minister Fernando López, since the country does not have a speech therapy laboratory. In addition, he added that skills do not set percentages, but random probabilities.

Insurgent group

According to the lawmaker Valda, Minister Lima pointed to member Rosario Baptista Canedo, who had sent a letter denouncing irregular actions within the electorate; Virginio Lema, who called for Luis Arce to step down, and Rómulo Calvo, who presented a report on human rights violations.

VALIDITY OF THE OAS REPORT

– The OAS report is probably one of the reports that is not even the most complete, not the most comprehensive, but one of the most important. In addition, the Bolivian state applied for it through Diego Pary in order to make it valid and binding.

In this case, according to the political scientist Patricia Velasco, both parties are obliged to sign a bilateral agreement and undertake to respect the results of this election mission. The report reflected not only malicious manipulation, but also that there had been a malfunction, an intrusion that was alien to the computer process.

“That means it didn’t just exist in the protocol, in the printing and in the bottling, as Héctor Arce Zaconeta, ambassador of the OAS, accuses. Two institutions commissioned by the TSE have shown that there were irregularities in the electoral process. The European Union has validated the OAS report.

MEXICAN OPERATORS

– Former prosecutor Alberto Morales confirmed on October 7, 2020 that a group of Mexicans, in coordination with former minister Juan Ramón Quintana, had digitized the 2019 election fraud.

He explained that this group of foreigners installed a server outside the Supreme Electoral Court (TSE) and manipulated data on the 2019 election results.

“Apparently it’s not. We are sure that teams (consisting of) Mexican politicians and computer scientists visited Bolivia before the elections during the elections and had direct contact with the former minister (Juan Ramón) Quintana. They manipulated data, they installed an external server on that of the electoral court (it refers to the TSE) and from this external server foreigners violated the sovereignty of the referendum, ”he affirmed at the time.

The Mexican visitors stayed in the Hotel Real, a former Radisson.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here