Bolivia exceeds 3 million second doses against Covid-19

The Ministry of Health reported 340 new cases and 8 deaths from Covid-19 on Tuesday in a day the immunization process exceeded 3 million second vaccine doses since it began in late January.

The departments with the most new infections were Santa Cruz with 109 and La Paz with 75, while the other seven regions had cases between 16 and 38.

According to a bulletin published by the state portfolio, the country has been de-escalating for thirteen weeks after the third peak of infections, which occurred between early May and mid-July, with days of 3,000 cases and deaths of more than a hundred.

With that day’s records, Bolivia has accumulated 18,603 deaths and 495,612 confirmed infections since the pandemic began in March last year, of which 29,201 cases are still active.

You can also read:  According to the Deputy Minister, smuggling leaves a loss of $ 1.5 billion

As part of the vaccination process, 3,322,502 first doses and 3,001,093 of the second vaccinations such as Sinopharm and Sputnik V that were purchased by the government, as well as those of the AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Janssen types that came through the Covax mechanism, were given to United Nations.

The government has indicated that 81% of the 12,459,650 vaccines that have arrived in the country were acquired through bilateral purchases, while the remaining 19%, approximately 2,382,350, are donations.

Authorities estimated that 7.2 million people over the age of 18 make up the universe of vaccinable population.

Centrally, it has insisted that governments and mayors change their strategies to give the unvaccinated population several million available doses and organize medical brigades to work in remote areas.

You can also read:  Dozens of children take part in a crawling baby race in La Paz. part

National authorities have maintained the call for biosecurity measures to be maintained in the face of a possible fourth infection summit, which could mainly affect non-vaccinated people.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here